martes, 10 de marzo de 2009

Word Walls

Hola amiguitos,
I read about a pretty useful strategy today called "Word Walls". This strategy involves placing a variety of common, interconnected or thematic words on the wall of the classroom for students to refer to during reading, writing, and speaking activities. Once the words are on the wall in Spanish, students cannot say them in English. I would like to do this right away for common word such as: please, thank you, you're welcome, and bless you.
I would also use this strategy to show the relationships between verb conjugations or to list important vocabulary for the current unit.
This strategy would work in a lot of classes to explain concepts and define complicated words.
Inténtalo! (Try it!)

El Profe

1 comentario:

  1. I have seen word walls in my kids classroom. When used the right way they seem to be effective. I like the spin on not saying them in English. This could be an effective tool, not only for second grade but for science vocab too. It seems like it would be effective for those ELL kids too.

    ResponderBorrar